Saturday, November 05, 2005

fun!?


So my story continues while I'm driving my bug every day to work and about anywhere I feel like during two years. The mix of colors, missing details and class was the beginning of a new way of thinking and so I went looking for someone who could restore my almost rusted bug. Not much later I found one ,and after all things said and done it was only a matter of weeks before I had to say bye-bye to my car for several weeks. Until one night in March I was confused for one second and BANG!!! I crashed my car against another one. The front was completely destroyed and now way I could drive her back home. The headlights were out, the bumper flatned and the fenders pressed against the tires, I called a towtruck for getting my sorry ass back home. At the garage the damage began to be visible: the spare tire ran flat and the wheel wasn't very round anymore. The body cracked at 3 places and the fenders, well you can imagine... So I fitted two new fenders a headlight and with a lot of power tape I refitted the hood. Then June came and it was time to say bye-bye and taking the bus and riding my rusty and dusty bike during the healing process of my bug. A new front was fitted, took his standard shock-height at the back, the side and back windows tinted, chrome removed, new set of BRM Flat 4 4spoke alloy wheels with at front 145x5.5x15 rubber and 205x15 at the back(which later on seemed to be a mistake)
the taillights were changed into darkened ones and a nice stereo was fitted. A tachometer from autometer got it's place near the steering wheel. A Geneberg shifter would shorten the time of changing gear and the interior got it's black color. The body was repainted in L10A Black. No more bumpers but T-bars and a A1 Dynomax muffler replaced the standard exhaust. Almost everything that I wanted was done, but the cash ran out and so I had to stop rebuilding for a while... But eventhough a nice result, no?