Friday, November 04, 2005

How the story begins

In the year 2000 I went on a trip with my best friend and his girl to a meeting in Switzerland , better known as the meeting in Chateau d'Oex . It was a whole new experience for me driving such a long distance with a standard 1972 sky-blue Bug. Arrived 12h later in Chateau d' Oex there wasn't much to see until several hours later the "Bugpeople" started to arrive at the scene. By the end of the weekend there were over 1000 Bugs and Busses and all of the other aircooled cars totally new for me. I had a great time admiring these cars that when we got back I decided to buy my own Bug. A few months later in October I found my bug... a 1300cc from 1974 in a reasonable condition (I thought) . But after only a few days the first troubleshoot occurred and that was only the beginning....